Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center
Creation Residency March 20-31,2019
Following meetings and auditions at the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center in September and December 2018, March 21-31, 2019 cast and support personnel will mount the final production of The Assembly and the work will be publicly presented on March 29 and 30, 2019 in the Cafritz Theatre at The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center.
Playwright Annabel Soutar teams up with actors Alex Ivanovici and Brett Watson to create a thrilling theatrical response to the rise of extremism and tribalism in political discourse today.
A serialized documentary The Assembly invites the left and the right to face each other in a live setting and to attempt to transcend their ideological labels through listening.
Each performance invites audience members to join the stage and participate in a long table where they can engage in difficult conversations about current events that affect their communities.
· Year - creation 2018
· Premiere Crow's Theatre (Fall 2018)
· Playwrights: Alex Ivanovici, Annabel Soutar and Brett Watson
· Director: Chris Abraham
· Lighting Designer: Luc Prairie
· Sound Designer: Antoine Bédard
· Set Designer: Simon Guilbault
· Cast: Jimmy Blais, Sean Colby, Alex Ivanovici, Tanja Jacobs, Ngozi Paul and Brett Watson