Foreign Artists performing with a U.S. based group….


The Vermont and California Service Centers have implemented a new policy wherein an individual foreign artist who is performing as a member of a U.S. based group is eligible to apply for a P-1B visa classification based on the reputation of the U.S. group. In the past, the P-1B was only for foreign groups. Note that the foreign performer can only work for the group that the P-1B is based on. The O-1B remains the proper classification for a foreign individual who will be performing solo and/or with other groups with an itinerary based petition.